• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Morane Saulnier Type BB--Putting it together

Started by scottzepher, June 13, 2011, 11:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottzepher

Taking some time off from the SE-5a, I started assembing the Type BB.  My wife Helen painted the Lion on the fuselage, and once that was done, I was able to attach the lower wing.  This past weekend, I attached the lower fin to size up the rigging for the tail skid.  The other brass pieces are the main wing struts.

lastvautour

scottzepher

Balsabasher

I just love it,the red really sets this unique subject off,well done Scott !
Barry

scottzepher

Thank you Barry.  Helen did some great sketches, which helped me visualize what it would look like. 

Balsabasher

Sketching and solids go hand in hand,as you say you can plan and visualise things before you cut any timber.
Barry.

scottzepher

Okay, been a while since I tried to add a photo, but here's a shot of the windshield detail:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=7171

lastvautour

Nice work Scott.

Lou

To place an image in a post you must open the image in the gallery, go to the image property and select the URL and past that into the image brackets.

scottzepher

Quote from: lastvautour on July 20, 2012, 08:28:05 PM
Nice work Scott.

Lou

To place an image in a post you must open the image in the gallery, go to the image property and select the URL and past that into the image brackets.

Thanks, Lou.  Looks like that's what I did, thought it didn't look that way at first.

scottzepher

Well, hello everybody!  Long time no post, I know.  My workshop was broken into, about this time a year ago.  Insurance paid for the damage and replaced most of the items that were stolen, but it took me a long time to want to go back.  The there was that Winter thing a few months back, I don't think I would have been able to be in the shop for more than a few minutes. 
Got right back to work in the MS Type BB, hoping to attach the top wing, and apply all those lovely struts for which biplanes are famous.  Good thing I test-fitted the struts again, because the upper wing holes were WAY OFF!  Today I managed to re-set the wing properly.

Peter

Looks great Scott! Sorry to hear about your break in problems.

Peter

scottzepher

lastvautour

Coming along nicely despite the setback. We have a time where some people don't care about the collateral damage they cause. I would feel violated if it happened to me . Good luck on finishing the project.

Lou

Balsabasher

Really sorry to hear about that break in,the morons of society who never try or think to buy things themselves or work hard,but what comes around as they say is true.
Lovely little model in red with that intricate design coming along nicely.

Barry.

scottzepher

Lou and Barry,

Violated is definitely the word.  Turns out our garage was part of a crime spree; I felt like "I appreciate the police presence and all, but a 'heads-up' might have helped."  Insurance was terrific, though: had a resto team out within hours of reporting the break-in, had enough after the repairs to replace about 90% of the items (though a lot were hand tools that were basically inherited from generations on both sides), and they didn't give me any stress about how the money was spent.  One thing that got me through it all: It could have been a LOT worse.  My band saw (huge Sears floor model, waited years to get), sat at the other end of my work table.  They could have picked it up, dragged it across the table and destroyed years of modeling.