• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2011 Model Construction Comments

Started by lastvautour, March 11, 2011, 01:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The top honours go to Jeff and his excellent F9F-6 Grumman Gougar. In second to fourth were Lou's DH-106 Comet, Ken's NA B-25 Mitchell and Mark's Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star.

Congratulations also goes to the following models selected by the judges.

dave_t

Lou, you can add two 1/144 models to the MotY. list. The ones with decals are finished.

lastvautour

Half the year is almost done with and we have 37 models on display in the Construction folder. That is assuming I have not forgotten anybody.

Lou

Balsabasher

This has been an interesting half year with such a wide variety of subjects to show already,I was just thinking how good they would all look on a table at some model show displayed together,Lou would it be possible to do a montage picture of some sort at the end of the year showing the fruits of all our labours together ? combined with what we have here it would make for a great record,not sure how it can be done but someone versed in a paint programme would probably manage to come up with something ? food for thought anyway.
Barry.

lastvautour

Montages were my favorite subject in MS Word classes. I will do one. Unfortunately I am limited to 22" X 22" due to my program.

Lou

cliff strachan

Barry's got a great idea. And Lou should be able to do a good job with it to promote the Group.
Cliff.

Balsabasher

So great positive thoughts already on this idea,and just think we could also place a few of these montages on some of the other modelling groups at the end of the year to show our output and what we are doing to keep solids alive.
Barry.

lastvautour

First draft at make a collage. I just downloaded a bunch of pics. The placement will change to make the presentation more appealing to view.

Balsabasher

Lou that looks great ! thats a good first effort.
Barry.

lastvautour

One could group them by era, type, or builder etc...

Lou

Balsabasher

Excellent idea Lou,they do look most attractive grouped together like this.
Barry.

cliff strachan

Good job so far Lou. And thanks again - on behalf of all our members if I might - for all the time you have taken away from your other activities in order to contribute to the Group.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Cliff, all fun parts of the hobby.

Lou

lastvautour

A few new pictures have been added in Pete's and Peter's sections.

Lou

lastvautour