• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Notes are stripped from picture uploads in gallery

Started by Balsabasher, November 03, 2010, 11:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

I notice that when uploading pictures to the gallery it strips off the notes once uploaded ? is there a reason for this anomoly.
Also some older pictures in the gallery no longer have the inscriptions present ?
Barry.

Please note that all posts on JHS Skybirds have been moved to the General Discussion Section.
Lou

dave_t

Not related to Barry's question, but a gallery issue...

I just saw the comments on Cliff's latest photos in the gallery. Once we post something in the member-submitted-plans gallery, we cannot modify or move them. I have experienced that plenty of times after making typos. :)

R.F.Bennett

This is a revue site so please read the disclaimer posted on the main page of the gallery. Basically we can post copies of plans ,articles ect.. as long as they are reviewed for accuracy, in this case historical accuracy. And we remove them if requested by the copyright holder. If you do know the copyright holder it would be best to ask permission first, but honestly some are impossible to find. In short, Let Me worry about copyrights, just give as much credit as you can to the origin of the article, plan or picture.

As to the gallery problems, We recently did an upgrade as recommended by the authors of the Coppermine Gallery program we use to generate the gallery. It was not without a few bugs and we are at the mercy of the authors to produce fixes for them. Please report and problems here;

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?board=3.0

You may even find some answers there.  ;D  :P
"The Dude Abides"

Will

Guys,

I've uploaded some Skybirds kit plans from Skybirds Notes.  Unfortunately adding the details went pear-shaped in multi-file mode and I don't seem to be able to access anything other than my project album to edit.

Enjoy the plans anyway.

Will

R.F.Bennett

The plans are there, they're just in PDF format and the gallery doesn't make thumbnails for PDF's. You'll have to download them or just click them if your browser has a PDF reader on board. Sorry for the bugs guys. The program came with the site.
It was quite reliable and will be again.
"The Dude Abides"