• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Solid model photography cook-up

Started by dave_t, October 04, 2009, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.F.Bennett

It was just a proof of concept shot. Perch substituted for a Starship model I have yet too finish. The lower part of the image is a macro shot of X. Polycarpa lichen taken by myself, the galaxy and star field are real found on web. each part of the image was treated separately with a pastel art effect with the exception of the Perch. The sun was then added to match the lighting of the Perch and the lower image. Astronauts will be added among the Polycarpa as soon as they are finished and photographed.
"The Dude Abides"

Oceaneer99

Wow, some great ideas on this board!  Great work, all of you.

Garet

cliff strachan

R.F.Bennett

OK a Spaceship Model, This is the Guillows Rocket Ranger built by Brett Gentz. Yes I know one of them is spelled wrong.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=12
"The Dude Abides"

cliff strachan

A very nice shot. At the risk of dating myself again the Rocket Ship reminds me of the era of "Buck Rogers in the Twentyfifth Century".
Cliff.

lastvautour

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3518
This fantastic image is brought to you by Dave's photo editting skills. It makes my F-18 just fly off the screen. Thank you Dave.

Lou

P.S. This also qualifies as an international project.

Mark Crowel

Gentlemen, I am impressed.  I've seen this sort of photography done with model cars, set against outdoor backgrounds, thus making the models look like real automobiles.

lastvautour

You are the man. You are in a league by yourself. Congratulatons on fantastic project.

Lou

lastvautour

I have been neglecting this post, actually I forgot all about it. Anyway, here goes. Early dawn, a captured Fokker DR1 will be air tested against a Spad VII.

lastvautour

Attempting to duplicate Cliff's fine photo work using his Gimly hangar background..

Lou

lastvautour

An experiment in panoramic photography. My display area in two parts.

Lou

lastvautour

Part two

cliff strachan

Your display area is a source of envy, Lou not to mention the photography. I'm looking forward to when you may fit the two parts together. With so many models - and even if perhaps some of them may be plastic - I can't help wondering: Where are the magazines devoted exclusively to the carved version? At the local Chapters I recently counted approximately ten mags devoted to plastic models of aircraft alone to say nothing of the many magazines dedicated to ships and tanks. But there were absolutely none with photos or other areas of interest to people like yourself.  Is this an area that is just waiting for some Solid Scale Group to fill a need?

Cliff.

buccfan

Fantastic display area, and model collection Lou, do you have any trouble with dust?, I have a couple of models not in my display cabinet and they seem to be dust magnets. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour