• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

September 2024 Ping

Started by Oceaneer99, September 01, 2024, 06:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

We had no models reported completed in August, though a few gave updates on models in process. Forum views were 454,843 with 2 new topics and 13 new posts.

The gallery received 22,141 views for a total of 4,540,543.

Please let us know what you are working on!

Garet

Oceaneer99

At the beginning of August, I had the opportunity for a long-overdue visit to see Ray. Ray showed me the inaugural P-40 Warkhawk model along with his progress on 3D printing Captain Nemo's Nautilus.  We enjoyed lunch at the nearby burger stand, in operation since 1961.

I didn't spend too much time in the workshop this month except to start a long-needed clean-out and add additional lighting. My new timber workbench is still doing well and holding up nicely.

I did receive a number of plans for Airway's 3-inch model airplanes, which all have 3-inch wingspans.  The tiny plans are dated 1940, though they appear to have been printed later during World War II - some of the balsa has been substituted by pressed-card as non-military supplies of balsa wood became scarce. I look forward to going through these plans and sharing them with the group.

Garet

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Things have been a bit slow with me.

Fairey Battle- nearly done picture to follow shortly.

Miles Sparrowjet. -Some shaping and sanding done. Still more to do.

Electric Ducted Fan EE Canberra - Couple of coats of primer done. Making mountains of dust sanding things down.

Stay safe.

Gordon

lastvautour

I am finally taking a break from house hunting. No results yet. My first three choices were sold before I could get here. At home, my collections are packed and waiting for the mover on 25 Sep so I had better find something soon.
The RCAF models are still admired at the Gander Museum and will be picked up on 19 Sep. The boxes I used to take them there are quite suitable for the next journey to my new home.

I expect to be at it again before the new year.

Lou

Model Maker

F8-U crusader was coming along nicely until I realized I was over zealous with a mini plane. Scrapped that fuselage and started a new one. Hopefully will have more available time in the upcoming weeks to complete the model.