• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

June 2017 Ping

Started by lastvautour, June 04, 2017, 02:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Almost half the year gone already. Members have been rather quiet lately so lets hear from every one.

Lou

lastvautour

1/72 Liberator Mk V nearing completion and 1/32 Stinson Gullwing about half done. I hope to complete both by the end of the month.

Lou

Boomerang

Checking in.

Yak 1- progressing . Requires some exhausts and final painting.

Yak  4 - Progressing- working engine nacelles and exhausts - Pictures to follow

Brandenburg W29- Wings and tail plane have had the doped thread applied to simulate ribs.
                             Propeller laminated yet to be shaped. Pictures to follow.

Cheers
Gordon

rocketpilot

Just finishing the Two-Up drawings for the Strombecker Boeing 307 Stratoliner.  I have the wood and looking forward to the start.

Pete1616

Wings on an Anson, should be finished this week as long as it keeps raining!

I keep putting off completing the B24 and the Tracker...both need engines....I'll probably make another helicopter.....I think a Sikorsky S 51.....I'm easing into a Boeing Vertol Labrador....And then there's a bunch of songbirds that need feet and mounts, but that's another story that goes back at least 15 years. Is there an award for procrastination?
Pete1616

lastvautour

Gary Dean writes:

Lou,

Thanks for the update...it will get me off my "duff" and put some photo's on
the website...I love those "Strombecker" kit  jets and I have just completed
the F-86 Sabre (done in RCAF decals) and the F-84 Thunderjet...just need to
photo them and get them on.

I also have The Strombecker FJ-2 Fury, P-80 Shooting Star and the F-94
Starfire almost done...will post when finished.

Gary Deans
Stoney Creek
Ontario
Canada

Model Maker

Not sure what has changed. But it is certainly a great to see the increased number of posts over the last couple of weeks!! I check the web site most evenings and dare I say (to paraphrase an old commercial) - "A day without one or two postings on the web site is like a day without sunshine". I always look forward to seeing the progress and completed models of others.

-ken

lastvautour

FlyingS

Working on a Gee Bee model D. I just started doing some of the paint detail. Unfortunately I developed a nerve disorder that affects the dexterity in my fingers. so the model is on hold for a while. Fortunately I should make a full recovery but it will take some time.  :-\

lastvautour

I hope you get well soon. Wood carving is therapeutic.

Lou

FlyingS photo

lastvautour