• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Liberator GR V......................................(Completed 22 Mar 2016)

Started by lastvautour, September 24, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Thanks Lou! That's what I thought it should be.

Peter

lastvautour

The red primer is a primer filler that works better at getting a smoother finish. I used to use red primer all the time, but it is messier to sand.

Lou

lastvautour

Prop discs in four stages.

Lou

lastvautour

Adding bits and pieces followed by Liberator number two over water texture experiment.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou, I like the base idea. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I had some drywall filler left over so I just pour it directly on the board and rolled a broom handle over it.. I would have to do the edges first and then use the putty approach. Painting was just spraying blue from one direction and green from the other. Dark gloss paint would do better. I have a quantity of old dart plaques that will do nicely.

I ran out of dark slate grey and it not available locally so I mixed my own to so so results. Once I and the extra dark sea grey I will see if it does the trick.

Lou

lastvautour

Top cam added and masked. The white bottom has a few coats yet to go.

Lou

Biggles

It is a good looking plane Lou.
John 15:13

lastvautour

lastvautour

Paint completed yesterday. Decals are printed and drying.

Lou

Kenny Horne

Spectacular job Lou.  Any tips on masking the canopy frames.  You do such a nice job. 

Kenny

Peter

Excellent Lou! I wish my white paint looked that good!

Peter

lastvautour

Kenny, the canopy lines are Tamiya tape cut to thin strip and paint over. I then remove them using tweezers to avoid scraping the paint job.
I did the same with my Lanc.

Lou

lastvautour

I hope to honour my friend's dad and his contribution to our freedom.

Lou

Kenny Horne

Lovely inscription Lou.  I'm sure it will be well received.
Kenny