• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Uploading old magazine plans

Started by albertweatherspoon, July 17, 2015, 06:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertweatherspoon

I have a large collection of Hobbies Weekly magazines and associated plans going back many years. Among many of the wartime plans are a lot of aircraft from the time, varying in size from a single page in the issue to one of their free design sheets. I feel that these would be appreciated here, but I don't know how to get them into the plans gallery. Can I just photo the plans or would it be better to scan the large sheets in sections? Any advice appreciated.

lastvautour

Hello Albert. The plans from magazines would be better scanned as well as larger drawings by section. The one thing to watch out for is the edge of the sections may curved slightly in the scanner. so overlap is key. Once scanned by section we can assemble them to produce a single image usable on line. You may send me the sections directly and I will assemble them for you and post to the gallery or return them to you.

Lou

albertweatherspoon

Thank you for that. I'll have a go at one of the larger plans tomorrow, and we can see what happens.

albertweatherspoon

trial run. had to resize, but may be too large.

Flying T

I  want to post these 2   3views from man mag,  oct 1933  ike,nov 1933  us army  x-b.i.a.
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

lastvautour

Can you post them to the gallery?

Lou

Flying T

FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

lastvautour

Are you a gallery member? If not, ask Garet(Admin) to set you up.

Lou