• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 F-86 Sabre...........................................(Complete 28 Aug 2015)

Started by lastvautour, February 07, 2015, 09:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Fuselage block has been glue and awaits drying followed by drawing the template and rough cutting.

Lou

lastvautour

Wood selection has been done and templates used to outline the major parts.

Lou

lastvautour

Block cuts completed. The fuselage has since received some closer shaping.

Lou

lastvautour

Carving has started.

Lou

lastvautour

Canopy fitted and sanding started on fuselage and wings.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

The tail feathers are fitted. The vertical fin is held in place with bamboo sticks and the horizontal planes are mortise and tenon as per Ken's directions. Garet gave me the micro chisels many moons ago. I have used them often but this is my first attempt at this method of assembly. The main plane however is the Strombecker method.

The 1/72 is the Strombecker kit assemble by Ray and completed north of the border by yours truly.

Lou

lastvautour

First visit to the paint shop.

Lou

Biggles

Looking good and reminding me that I should get a move on with my saber!
John 15:13

lastvautour

Thanks Biggles. Show us some progress shots when you get them.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou, have you decided on a colour scheme yet? regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I have decals for the RCAF Sky Lancers Aerobatic team that were given to me when I was posted from "10 Field Technical Training Squadron". The Skylancers page is http://aerobaticteams.net/rcaf-sky-lancers.html and WINGS PALETTE has many nice RCAF European schemes http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/97/94/0

Lou

lastvautour

Primer coat sanded and redone. ready for paint scheme. RAF Dark Green over Dark Sea Grey and Medium Sea Grey bottom.

Lou

lastvautour

Bottom colour is done. Hopefully the top camouflage colours will be added by next week.

Lou