• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2014 Year End Quicky Build

Started by lastvautour, December 03, 2014, 11:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Got a coat of silver on the Skua. Revealed some minor surface imperfections. Cut back and will reapply tomorrow if time
permits. Roc progressing.

Gordon

lastvautour

Garet, the Defiant revealed quite a few lines I did not realize by looking at photos. The rear deck as well as the canopy just ahead of the turret were surprising. I am about ready to complete sanding on number one and just glued the wings on number two. I used the same method as the Spitfire filet, using the finger full of wood filler and gently smooth it out. Christmas is just around the corner so my hobby time is being cut short with shopping and visits to and from friends. I still plan on completing these by year's end.

Lou

lastvautour

Update photos.

Lou

lastvautour

First coat of primer on number 1. Number 2 is ready for filet putty.

Lou

Boomerang

Skua finished. Roc is at the stage of putting together.

Gordon

lastvautour

Looks great Gordon. Is there a particular Squadron or are the markings generic?

Lou

lastvautour

410 Squadron RCAF Defiant painted and decals printed. Still need a tail wheel and prop disc.
2 Squadron RAF Defiant upper surfaces painted and still needs sly to be applied to the bottom surfaces. Decals printed. Require prop disc.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals

Boomerang

Its L2933 /K 800 SQN FAA . HMS ARK ROYAL 1939.
  The red breaks up the silver.

I might have to copy your decals for future use.

The Roc will be L3084 - All silver
   The RAAF had Defiants for a short period in England- 456 SQN

Roc stuck together just got to squeeze some time in between work and everything else to finish it off

Gordon

Boomerang

Lou,
Was there ever a Vultee Vengeance  in the ID series?

Gordon

lastvautour

there is no Vengeance in the ID section. Te only  thing we have is If you google it I am sure you will get some decent drawings.

Lou

Boomerang

Thanks Lou,
  I just had in the back of my mind that there was one. No problems. I have a couple of drawings.

Gordon

buccfan

lastvautour

RCAF 410 Squadron Defiant completed 23 Dec 2014. RAF 2 Squadron awaiting decals.

Boomerang

Looks Good  Lou.

Managed to get a coat of primer on the Roc last night after work.

Expect nothing much will happen for the next couple of days.

Cheers

Gordon