• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 S.E.5a

Started by Mark Braunlich, November 22, 2012, 03:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The trophy winner will be highly please. I sure would. Your did a fantastic job Mark. Congratulations.

Lou

Peter

Wow what an awesome job! I would keep your plane and throw away the trophy if I won.

Peter

Boomerang

Excellent work Mark.

Gordon

cliff strachan

Very Nicely Done.
Cliff.

buccfan

Very impressive work Mark, regards Paul J.

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

Mark Braunlich

Thank you for the compliments gentlemen.  I hope you will approve of the completed Philcox Trophy.  Philcox was the name of the pilot of this machine in the 1921 Oxford-Cambridge inter-collegiate air race.  The figures are repainted Skybirds castings.  Everything else is scratch except the o-rings used as tyres. 

Cabane and undercarriage struts are brass, the interplane struts are bamboo.

Mark Braunlich

Here the S.E.5a is shown with a solid 1/72 Gloster Grebe I built in 1998.  Both airplanes designed by H.P. Folland.

buccfan

Very nice indeed Mark, I'm sure the winner will be well pleased with the trophy, it looks very realistic with the grass and the figures. Regards Paul J.

Mark Braunlich

The flying model competition for which this model was created as a trophy has been concluded.  It's been great fun.  You may read abou it here:  http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=12955.0

lastvautour

Mark, what a fantastic read. Magnificent photos and active participation by many made the article a winner. Your trophy presentation must have been the crowning event.

Lou