• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Tucano toon.

Started by buccfan, August 25, 2012, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Following on from my last post in the cookup section, all the major parts glued together ready for some filling and sanding. I shall continue with templates for strakes and weapon pylons etc, and a spinning prop circle. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

As mentioned before, great going. Just include a finished photo in the Group Build.

Lou

buccfan

Prop disc or prop blades?. I suspect it will be blades. The disc I need to make is five bladed with a double warning ring. But as I only have inch tape available, when I have cut out the required areas the tape remaining is in small pieces so I fear the worst when sanding. If successful, I will have to remask the lower line of the inner warning ring before colouring. But I have cut out a set of blades just in case. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

buccfan

I think I will have another try at the spinning prop, the first attempt worked ok with the sanding process, but failed miserably at the warning circle painting stage. The paint would not spread evenly when spinning, it turned out blotchy. The resut in the picture is after I tried to sand it back, but that didn't work very well either. I was going to go with the prop blades, but since making the spinner I feel happier with the spinning prop. I will probably make both to see which I like best. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Your spinning prop looks great Paul. Are you up to making decals for the warning stripe? Check out my Yukon project.

Lou

buccfan

Yes I saw that Lou, looks very effective. I might have a try.Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Made some progress today, gaps filled and sanded, exhausts made and drilled in place to be fitted final after painting, guns drilled in leading edge and temp fit till after paint. I decided to have another go with the spinning prop and I'm happier with this one. I mixed a drop of white with some satin acrylic varnish for the warning stripes, the light makes them look bright white in the pics but they aren't . I will try to get the first coat of primer on this week. A couple of pics of the progress. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

The spinner and model look great Paul.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, how did your gloss poly trials go?. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

In the paintshop for primer coat 1. Regards Paul J. 

lastvautour

Things that dreams are made of. You have to love this hobby when things work out so well.

Lou

buccfan

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately real life interferes and I have to do other jobs. >:(  Happily the site is secured for another 3 years. ;D ;D ;D  Regards Paul J.

buccfan

A bit more progress to report. Two coats of primer now done, I've been working on landing gear and extras. undercarriage made from mainly dowel and cocktail stick, but the wheels are from the spares box. Two rocket pods made along with a FLIR unit for the underside. U/C doors still to make then paint them all.Regards Paul J. ps images are a little dark, but the flash was too bright and washed them out.

Peter

Very impressive and detailed landing gear Paul!

Peter