• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Caproni 73

Started by gera, May 04, 2012, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gera

I started this guy about two years ago but it still needs a lot of work....

Gera

lastvautour

Good to see you back at it.

Lou

Balsabasher

Just love it Gera ! what a fascinating subject you picked
Barry.

cliff strachan

Extremely nice model Gera. Nice to see you back at it. I've got to really take time examining your fine contribution. Your model is a great example of what Solids can contribute to aviation history.
Cliff

gera

Thanks guys......I hope I finish it this year!! :D :D
Gera

Ken Pugh

Try not to fedex it to Italy for $100 this time!

Ken Pugh

gera

Quote from: Ken Pugh on May 09, 2012, 08:56:58 PM
Try not to fedex it to Italy for $100 this time!

Ken Pugh

LOL....Yea!!!! I will never do that again!!!!......you know the end of that story?? >:( >:(
Gera

Ken Pugh

I don't think I do know the end of the story.  If my memory is correct, Gera built a model for a group in Italy.  It was very expensive to FedEx from Panama to Italy.  That's all I know!

Ken Pugh

gera

Apparently someone at the Italian "customs" desided that there could be "something" inside the tiny model (1/72) and proceeded to "break" the wings and front!!!!!!! when my proxy friend received it he almost fell down. Luckily we have another friend that is a scratchbuilder and lives near him so he took the "injured model" to him who proceeded to patch it up and repaint....two days later the contest started and my model was the only scratchbuilt model in it, the rest were assembled plastic kits......so in all, the model won an "honor state" in the contest......Big Deal!!!!!!...Stats: Time to build, around three months, Cost of traveling by Fedex to Milano, Italy US$ 107.26....The most expensive model I have ever made... :'( :'(

The "expensive one"
Gera