• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Kawanishi K-2 racer

Started by K_mars, July 22, 2011, 03:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_mars

The tail plane and the back of the fuselage are assembled.

lastvautour

The cockpit housing turned out wonderful kenji. The workmanship is very excellent.

Lou

K_mars

Lou,

Thank you.

This production is much easier than externals.

kenji.

K_mars

I assembled parts other than the propeller.

kenji.

Balsabasher

Kenji I can clearly see the distinct advantages of the separate cockpit section being made up as it is,I am going to use this system myself on the next model,your progress is excellent and the model looks great.
Barry.

K_mars

Barry,

Thank you.
Please use this method.

kenji.

K_mars

This is a process of production of propeller.

The thickness of wood is 3mm(3/25in).

kenji.

K_mars

I will paint sanding sealer dope on all parts.

kenji.

Balsabasher

Looking really good Kenji,the propeller really sets the nose off nicely,I really enjoy your updates,thank you.
Barry.

K_mars

Barry,

Thank you.
I made the propeller well.
I painted sanding sealer dope.

kenji.

K_mars

I painted primer surfacer.

kenji.

Balsabasher

Kenji I think that in model form the Kawanishi K2 looks better than in the full sized photographs,your model has done it full justice.
Barry.

K_mars

Barry,

I have been deeply moved by your word.

I sanding the primer surfacer, and flatten the surface.

The purpose of the sanding sealing coat is to waterproof. I sanding with a water-proof sandpaper.

Balsabasher

Kenji,well illustrated,people get confused sometimes over the use of sanding sealer first before the essential primer,the primer certainly picks up the odd bumps and blemishes that can easily be missed in the raw wood state,I seem to be spending more time than ever sanding and finishing these days before the final paint goes on.
Barry.

K_mars

barry,

The processing of the waterproof is very important. I do not thickly coat the surfacer so much.
I straighten shape by the sanding. It doesn't worry even if the wooden basis appears.

I make the tool to put the 400-Grit and 1000-grit sandpapers on the wood with a sharp corner.

I have painted the surfacer on the propeller braid by mistake.  :o

kenji.