• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Overspray

Started by lastvautour, December 14, 2011, 05:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I took it upon myself to clean my spray booth/box. I never realized how much overspray accumulates in just three years of spraying. Just think how much off that goes into your lungs if you do not use a mask.

Lou

PS That truck belongs to the misses.

buccfan

Is that with or without extraction Lou?,I presume you spray in your basement workshop area?. Paul J.

lastvautour

I no longer have an extraction mechanism.

Lou

Mothman

I spray in the open entrance to the garage or fully outside.
Can't wear a mask. If it's loose enough to breathe it steams up my specs, if it's tight enough to be effective, I can't breathe.
The overspray stops the garage doors rotting!

Martin

Balsabasher

Likewise Martin,I spray in the open on a old kitchen table that too has Davids coat of many colours protecting the surface,I hate masks as everything seems to condense and steam up,even a more expensive one is difficult to make a decent seal,use them with balsa and the static makes the dust stick to the lens blacking out everything ! no not a great lover of masks,more trouble than they are worth in my humble opinion.
Barry.

cliff strachan

I suppose it's mostly to take part, to encourage the other "economically challenged" members and to site even another alternative method that I"ll describe my method of airbrushing and attempt to curb overspray. Can you imagine my proceeding to the locker room, opening my locker, taking down firstly a chair then a large box to be used as a table, then an even larger box - containing a smaller carton which I use as a holder of equipment such as my respirator and airbrush - which is ultimately used as my overspray booth; and then setting all this paraphernalia up on the locker room floor? Well at least I get my exercise. But I forgot to mention. Included should be my airtank - the source of air for the brush. And after donning the mask, adjusting the air supply pressure, and other checking, I'm ready to paint. Some fun! But it all works. The mask works. The "overspray" box works. And in the locker room, which is rarely visited, the potential innocent third parties are sufficiently protected.
Cliff.