• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Visitors to the site??

Started by lastvautour, November 24, 2011, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I noticed that we are getting a larger than normal number of visitors to the site. On checking the IP addresses, they seem to come from China.

Lou

lastvautour

These Chinese visitors all transition through the same internet provider at http://www.baidu.com/. Do you suppose they have us advertised on their site??

Lou

R.F.Bennett

I believe they are a search engine Lou.
"The Dude Abides"

Mark Braunlich

Something fishy going on.
(39) visitors of which (17) are looking at the same page which has not had a posting in months.
Methinks they're not really visitors at all....someone or something automatically "visiting".

lastvautour

I have noticed that many "visitors" are from China but also a fair size group from the USA. IP starting with 180 are Chinese. A few days ago we had over 20 from all over the States. Perhaps it is an automatic dialer of some sort looking for military secrets amongst our solids.

Lou

Since I don't write Chinese we may never know.

lastvautour

Hey Ray and Garet, is there any way of knowing how long these visitors actuality stay on the site?

Lou

Ken Pugh

Maybe we should put up some models of Chinese planes and see how that affects hits!

Ken Pugh

Oceaneer99

The IP addresses belong to Beijing Baidu, the largest Chinese language search engine.  They are most likely indexing the site for search results.

Garet

Mothman

Or getting ready to start spamming the site.
Martin

Oceaneer99

The spammers browsing habits were quite a bit different last time, so hopefully that isn't what is going on.

Garet