• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Outerzone flying model plan site

Started by Kenny Horne, June 20, 2011, 04:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Horne

Hey Gang,

Been tripping over the world wide web lately and came across this site. 
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/index.asp

The history behind it is that a bunch of guys on an RC forum started dumping old plans onto a thread, and someone thought that they should be catalogued and remain more generally available.  There are a couple thousand plans there, including some lifted from SMM and my own site.  Hundreds of old Comet, Megow, Burkeley, Scientific, Aeromodeller, etc.

I know that many of us here model in many forms, but even for the strict Solid models, a nice scale Control Line plan is a great source of profiles and cross sections. 

Take care, and Happy Belated Fathers Day to those with kids,

Kenny Horne

lastvautour

Thank you very much Kenny. It is great to hear from you.

Lou

Balsabasher

Kenny,a good find and thanks for the link,it was your old 'Flying Aces' articles that got me here in the first place for which I am indebted to you.
Barry.

Kenny Horne

Hey Barry and Lou,

Yes this is the mother of all plan sites.  There have been a few, like my own, that have a smattering of plans, but nothing like this.  I asked one of the main contributors if he has any Solid plans, and he sent me back a link to his hard drive.  I downloaded the lot, and found that they were all things from either my site, or Ray's/SMM Gallery.  Oh well...

The "Tag Matrix Search" function, along with the regular search function make this collection a gold mine. 

Take care gang,

Kenny

Balsabasher

I spent three hours yesterday looking through those plans ! what a goldmine of subjects,thanks again Kenny.
Barry.

scottzepher

Quote from: Balsabasher on June 21, 2011, 10:23:47 AM
I spent three hours yesterday looking through those plans ! what a goldmine of subjects,thanks again Kenny.
Barry.

That's about how long its going to take me--never can get enough, can we?

Tom