• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

JHS Skybirds

Started by lastvautour, November 07, 2010, 01:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Quote from: lastvautour on November 07, 2010, 01:52:12 AM
3rd Comment

Sorry everybody, this book was published in 1994 so would definitely be coyright.  The book does say that some of the original drawings by JHS were still in existance (then) so someone somewhere may know where they are, .

Will

The estate of the late J.H.Stevens,Bottle farm,Charing was handled by Messrs Beaumont Aviation literature,I saw some of the plans on a stall a few years ago,I have one plan for the Dart Kitten,wish now that I had purchased the others.
Beaumonts changed hands around the same time of the transaction.
Barry.

R.F.Bennett

I receive this e-mail yesterday:

QuoteHi,
    Have just discovered your  website and I'm most interested in the model plans of the SKYBIRDS aircraft. I have a  special interest in them as my grandfather was the MD of the company that made them, namely Mr. Alfred James Holladay. Unfortunately I never knew him as he died many years before I was born, but I've now amassed quite a considerable collection of the planes themselves and many of their accessories, and also the GAD plans for most of the 80 aircraft types that they manufactured. If you think that your readers would be interested then I can try and put some more of these James Hay Stevens drawings on the website.
   SKYBIRDS were the original 1:72 scale model aircraft, originating in 1932 and continuing until about 1945. I have displayed my collection on several occasions at a local models and hobbies exhibition and had many appreciative comments.

We will be accepting the Gentleman's invitation, Garet is working out the details. I will let the Gentleman introduce himself as soon as he is registered.

;D
"The Dude Abides"