• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Since you asked . . .

Started by scottzepher, January 15, 2008, 04:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottzepher

Hello Everybody!
       Ray this site is looking better every time I check in, and I hope to add my own work to the fine models seen on this site.  If I end up sticking to my Flikr file, it's only because my photo files are just too big! 
      Lou--thanks for asking, and leaving the note where you did instead of trying to find me here.  I've been ducking in and out of forums since the beginning of December, largely because I've barely any time.
      My Mother-in-Law (as fine a lady as a guy like me could know, more Mother than in-Law) was rushed via Ambulance to Hershey Medical Center back on December 7th.  What we thought was going on was nothing compared to what the doctors told us--terminal Cancer.  What little they could have done would have done more harm than good, so she waived the operations, had a minor procedure to help her eat, and was released to us.
      Tomorrow will be six weeks.  We had the entire family here for the holidays, and every day since then my Helen has been here for her Mom, her Dad and our Kids (with mild Autism).  Every day, it seems we get help from some diferent agency, which is wonderful, but Helen has to relate the situation to a totally new person. 
     I have been here for Helen--keeping house, holding up some semblence of normalcy for the kids (somehow if Dad goes to work on the days he's supposed to, it's alright for  them), and performing the miriad tasks no one else is emotionally prepared to do.  If I work, my cell phone is turned on while I'm there(managers made an exception to the rule in my case; most decent gesture any superior has made to me personally, but that's Costco).   
      It's getting late, and I have to go back to work tomorow.  Nice to know you guys are thinking about me.

Tom