• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Personal Pings

Started by lastvautour, October 03, 2021, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I have taken the liberty of sending personal emails to our members. I have sent 60 emails so far.

Date         # emails sent
3 Oct 21           90
4 Oct 21           120
9 Oct 21           180
12 Oct 21         240
15 Oct 21        Remaining members.

Note that regular contributors were not contacted.

Lou

lastvautour

First responder is Ben aka Animek.

Quote" Hi Lou, not an Avid broadcaster, but I read your forums from time to time. 

Ben
" Unquote

Lou

lastvautour

Second respondent is Kevin aka Captn Kev.
Quote "Salutations Lou
I am doing well thx for asking. Your  query can be answered simply by saying, I am as always interested in scale modeling. Like most people in the last 18 month's I have seen some large changes in my life. Priorities have been rearranged and I find myself little time for my pastimes (SMM as an example) putting an emphasis on family and health. Looking forward to the day we all can get back to having some fun.

Thank you
Kevin Moore
" unquote

Lou

lastvautour

Chris aka Gliders wrote,

"Hello, Yes, still Interested.
Chris"

Lou

lastvautour

Albert aka joppyuk1 wrote.
"I find that old age creeps up on a person, and my eyesight and finger dexterity are no longer what they are. I do very little craft work these days, but occasionally browse the site for nostalgic reasons. Sorry I can't be more positive, but I'm sure other, younger, workers will still be interested.

Ian (Albert Wetherspoon)"

Unquote

Lou

lastvautour

Dimitri aka dberdebes wrote

"Hi Lou definitely interested in SMM also on your Facebook page
cheers Dimitri
"
Unquote

Lou

lastvautour

Pat aka busntruck wrote.
"Hi, I still am although I haven't posted anything yet.
Pat

Killing has intensified along the road to peace.- Tom Waits
The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant."

Unquote

Lou

lastvautour

Ken aka kjnoble wrote
"Hi Lou

We are doing fine. Trust the same for your family. Have been tied up at work so don't have much time. Am hoping to get back to the Halifax's and others in the next two or three weeks.

Thanks for checking in. - Ken
"

Lou

lastvautour

Don aka donandglo wrote
"Hello, good to hear from you. Must admit I have not been very active my Bonnie is calling for attention and I will complete her.  I think the absence of interest from a group of like minded folks in the area takes some of the excitement and determination out of projects but I will get back to it.  Letters like yours will spur us on,  Covid has not helped either, we cancelled our trip to the coast this year and my old buddy passed on.  I am going to get off my butt and finish my projects and thank you for the kick. Be safe and keep in touch."
Unquote

Lou

lastvautour

Bob aka grandone49 wrote

"I am still interested but keep running out of time.

Bob Neill"

Lou

lastvautour

Guy aka Guy La Casse wrote
Quote"
Hi Lou, how are you? Thank you for asking. Sorry to hear and the lost of your (our) friend. Been busy this past winter making the Gregor (CF-BMB), was built in Thunder Bay... Believe that I send some pics. of it in spring. Sending pics. of it again and the weathervane currently "flying" on garage. And also pics. of CF-AWR and CL-84 in temporary warehouse where I volunteer in restoration. The new museum will open next spring, they already have hung from ceiling 5-6 airplanes...Now making 2 Husky in 1/48 scale, should be finish by X-Mass, one on floats, other on skis. Keep in touch, regards. Guy. Enjoy the pics."
Unquote

lastvautour

Paul J aka Paul_D wrote
"Hi Lou,
I'm doing well down here in Portland.  Not much activity in the solid model construction hobby but still building other things.  I was saddened to here of the passing of Barry.  I always admired his work.  I hope things are going well for you."

Unquote

lastvautour

Krete aka Duck001 wrote
"For sure!"
"Unquote

Lou

lastvautour

Matt aka gmmattingley wrote

Yes, thank you

Lou

lastvautour

Rex aka broadsides 3 wrote:

Hello Lou:

I'm fine and pretty work-bound these days. As far as being part of the email list for Solid Model Memories, please remove me.  I've taken a new direction since 2012.
I hope all is well with you. sir.

Regards,

Rex