• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Open House

Started by lastvautour, July 31, 2008, 01:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I am planning to have an open house. I will send out e-mails to all I know and invite them to visit SMM on Sunday and attempt to break to most attendance record set back in May. Anyone is welcomed to attend, so if you do, do not send out your e-mails until very late Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

I recommend you invite them to http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php (the forum) as I am not sure if the gallery has a visit counter.

Garet - does the gallery have a visit counter?

Oceaneer99

Lou, I don't think the gallery has a counter that gives us that information.  But the forum does have very complete visitor information.

Garet

lastvautour

My open house was a flop as not even 50 people signed in to see. Better luck next time.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

Just the wrong time of year Lou  :-[  We did get a new member in the Gallery. Hopefully he'll be here soon too. He was having trouble getting registered. We did get four new members here  ;D
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

I recognize PBHawkin as a member of my other groups.

Oceaneer99

So that makes Lou's open house a great success!

Garet

cliff strachan

Sorry I didn't get to the Open House. As I don't own a PC I saw the notice too late.
Very good idea though.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Cliff, did you get my e-maol about the engine?

Lou

cliff strachan

Yes I did Lou. And thanks very much. I replied directly and you should have gotten that message unless I had finger trouble.

I'm still working on my engine. It's coming along but quite slowly. As you know I'm trying to replicate or provide a "facsimile" of the engine of the Vickers Vedette that had no conventional nacelle. Even the rocker arms weren't covered in the conventional manner and as a result I was forced to do them all over again. Now I'm having a similar problem trying to imitate the intake manifolds on the rear of the cylinders.

Hope to at least get to the stage where I can post a shot of the completed engine. Soon I hope. (Got the prop  completed and even painted - may finish before they put me away.)

Cliff.

R.F.Bennett

Just gotta be patient Guys, August 7th, 68 hits.
I was walking in a field of corn one day and a voice from above said to me, "Hey Lookout down there! We're tryin' to make a crop circle!"  :o   :P  . . .
"The Dude Abides"

cliff strachan

Hi Ray and all of the Group:

As I have last year and again this year mentioned that I would try to get down to Oshkosh for the Airshow and to meet personally with Ted Billings I'm able to report that we finally succeeded.

The EAA Museum which Ted was so very helpful in conducting us on a tour was the most interesting to anyone such as myself who is more attracted to aircraft of the 30's vintage than the modern variety. I was especially enthusiastic seeing a Monocoupe, the Jenny, a Waco and, of course a DH82C TigerMoth.

Speaking with Ted I was left with an overall affirmation of - as in many aspects - the fact that there exists many ways of solving a problem. Whether it be model building or other matters. His experience in carving and building models - some 400 - allowed advice concerning glues, scale and a great number of other matters.

This may have been a first unofficial meeting of members of SMM on an international level. Perhaps we could plan for an extended such get-together with Ray's oversight and approval making it an official meeting.

Cliff

gera

Hi All.............
Happy weekend to and good modelling...Lou, take a look at the SM-79.

Posted some pics of a Caproni 101......

By the Way, have opened a " Scratchbuilders and Vacuform" Forum
all interested are invited.... There is also a section for Papermodels.....at:

http://scratchbuilt.aceboard.com

Cheers...
Gera