• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Cancel the Milk cartons and Billboards! My Gallery's now in business!

Started by scottzepher, April 22, 2008, 01:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottzepher

Seriously guys, it's good to be able to sit down and actuallywrite about something.  I had wanted to put this under gallery news, but I guess you have to have a gallery for a while until the "post reply" message tab appears? Who cares!  I'm here and boy will I be contributing!
      I just acquired some really interesting clipping collections on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=220218907809&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=220218908832&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

Right now I'm in the process of scanning the articles, which run roughly 45% civil aviation (ATC, record attempts,), 45% ot-pre-war Militaria (early B-17, pre-B-o-B, and some Italian, though not really detail) and 10% what the papers used to call "fluff pieces" (I say used to, I haven't written for a paper since the 20th century).  I have three photos of Lindy in England (acquiring a Miles a/c) but the really good ones are banner-sized newspaper shots, and too big for my scanner.  There's bound to be someplace I can go to get them scanned off.  Then most will take permanent residence in plastic page protectors, while the larger one will most likely get laminated to save them from further disintegration.  I'll post more this week.

Ken Pugh

Gallery Updates is a section for the admin/moderators to post info about the gallery.  General Discussion is a great place to post general news!

Looks like you snagged those items cheap.  Congratulations.

Ken Pugh

gera

While traveling last year through Barcelona, Spain,  I found an old library carrying Spanish Civil War newspapers and posters....Got me a "Republican May 1st Air Poster" neat, fading colors and smelly!!!! ;D
also two Newspapers full of Fiats CR-32s and Ratas!!!!....they are now in frames hanging in my Cockpit!!!! ( that´s what I call my PC and work area) ::) ::)
Gera

scottzepher

New Pictures posted last night.  Several of the aircraft posted are discussed regularly on wingsofpeace.com.