• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

On the workbench

Started by Dave T, March 21, 2021, 06:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T

I moved last summer, so this is my new work space which happens to be an old dining table.

Current project, a 1/32 "Storch", an Italian ultralight aircraft in basswood.

lastvautour

Very nice Storch. I see you are continuing with the oxide coloured models. I missed those.

Lou

Dave T

Great! I liked making the red models.

Gearup

Nice to see a modern aircraft modelled. There are so many of the older aircraft to make as they are the rarities that may only exist as a model. New aircraft designs are popping up and they're success and stories are yet to be created, so by building a model of them perhaps we can imagine their future.

Thanks Fraser

Dave T

When solid model makers were carving aircraft in the '30s and '40s, their subjects were the latest and greatest thing at the time. To us now, they are classics.

I do like carving old designs too.

lastvautour

I have mostly avoided modern build but never saw them as you just described. I may have yo rethink my approach Dave.

Lou

buccfan

Nice model, regards Paul J.

Dave T

Humbert Tétras- French 1990s ultralight aircraft in 1/48 scale. Under construction.

lastvautour

Nice one Dave. I like the way you added the trim tab on the rudder.

Lou

Gearup

Nice looking design. Looking forward to further pictures.
Fraser

Dave T

Carvings I have been working on over the past six months.

1/72- Wackett Gannet.

1/144- Bristol Buckingham, Blackburn Botha, Douglas B-23, Sikorsky S-43, Mitsubishi K7M1, Consolidated Corregidor and an Air Tractor cropduster.

No-Scale "airtoons" are F-100, Spitfire and F4F Wildcat. Two of which I have carved before.

Nothing finished yet. I sprayed them with red primer recently when it warmed up a bit outside.

lastvautour

Great builds. I look forward to more.

Lou

Boomerang

Looking forward to when they are finished.

Gordon

Dave T

Thanks. I am pretty sure Lou will want me to finish something before the end of the year.