• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

New video-Adding Roundals & Markings to Solid model aircraft

Started by Balsabasher, November 13, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I placed an order for the same circle cutter you show in your video. The shipping was more than the item, however we are linited what we can get locally. It should arrive by next Tue.

Lou

Peter

Thanks for this Barry. I'm going to order Frisket film and liquid Frisket from Amazon. When did you order the circle cutter from Lou?

Peter

Balsabasher

Its a great tool and well worth seeking out,you can also cut circles of card and balsa with it making up laminations,really pleased that the videos are proving useful even if just to make discoveries like this.
Barry.

Peter

Actually Barry, your and Lou's videos are helpful in every way. I think SMM needs a you tube channel for all the videos. That could attract non members.

Peter

lastvautour

I purchased mine from a local (approx 200 km away) hobby shop. They are available at home depots stores also. I punched it Circle Cutter Hobbico and their site located the nearest store to me.

Lou

Balsabasher

Peter the eventual aim is to hit Youtube and show them some real model building but at the moment still working out the best ways for filming and demonstrating at the same time to get things right,I am sure Lou will agree its more difficult than it looks multi tasking but fun to do,its not helped at the moment because I have looked everywhere for my tripod and cannot find it so my camera balances on blocks of wood which is not ideal.
Barry.

lastvautour

One must also consider lighting and sound quality. Much for me to sort out. So for now a bit of experience doing small unscripted video is all I can muster.

Lou

Balsabasher

The camera movie quality is not near as good as the dedicated ones,something else to consider.
Barry.