• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

P-47

Started by Jim, December 28, 2010, 05:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

I built this P-47 from a plan I found online someplace. I think it originally was for a "foamie" flying model. It's kind of spare-looking, the scale being perhaps a bit too big for such a spartan treatment, but the purpleheart and maple grain have a nice, warm feel, I think...
And so it goes...

cliff strachan

Indeed great modeling. But the use of different woods is a completely new concept or approach to Solid Scale and deserves a special place in the skills department.
Cliff.

Jim

Well, it may not be to everyone's taste, I suppose. I'm not quite sure I follow your meaning. I don't know that it brings to hand any special skills. It's more of a different "treatment of the subject," you might say, leaning a bit away from the literal, and a bit more toward the "aesthetic," for want of a better term. :-\
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Your talents are wonderful. I appreciate you posting all these pictures of your models.

Lou

cliff strachan

When you say:"its a different treatment of the subject" I believe that that expresses exactly what I was trying to say and, I might add, a  new and very much appreciated approach.
Cliff.

Jim

You guys are much too kind. Thanks for making me feel welcomed here.
And so it goes...