Started by lastvautour, August 26, 2010, 01:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Does anybody wish to participate in a Christmas cook-up. Rules are
Must be carved between now and Christmas Eve
Must be given to a none carver this Christmas
Any scale/type/subject as long as it solid wood

Lou

The above statement was used to launch last year's Christmas Cook-Up. I was delighted at the feeling it gave me to see the expression on my friend's face. This year I have already selected the recipient of my Christmas project. I don't intent to carve much before November but wanted to alert everyone to the cook-up. For those who do not know or feel they cannot carve, I am willing to do a tutorial similar to that of the "Convair Charger" project. http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=234.0

Lou

Ken Pugh

I am seriously considering carving up a couple of models in pairs with the intent on giving one to my pastor.  He would love to have a P-47 Razorback and I am thinking about finally giving him one this year.  This is the gentleman I built the monster Hellcat for.  So, I will try to do this same thing and will post it in the cookup if I pull it off.

Ken Pugh

R.F.Bennett

A cook-up has been nominated and approved (It only takes two builders) and they usually never end, but this one will Christmas Eve 2010!  :o  :P
Let the chips fly Gents  ;D
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

There are so very accurate P-47 drawings available on line. I hope it work out for you.

Lou

lastvautour

I have started an Airtoon BAe Hawk 200 for my frien Sean. Just another two months to go.

Lou

Balsabasher

Did you know that there was in fact an aircraft by the name of 'Christmas' a low wing single engine design,that would be a novelty to build if I can find the photograph which was published in a very old copy of 'Model Aircraft' magazine,unless there is something on the net I have not looked as yet unless someone comes up with it.
Barry.
As a subject can I build something painted in red and geen ?

Balsabasher

It was called the 'Christmas Bullet' a neat little machine powered with a Liberty engine,that may be my subject if it is allowed ?
Barry.

lastvautour

The only requirement is that you build to give away as a Christmas present.

Lou

Balsabasher

Thats no problem,the wife will love it !
Barry.

R.F.Bennett

I want an SE5A  ;D  ::)  :P  Please!
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Did I forget to say give it away to someone who does not know how to carve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou

lastvautour

Maybe Santa could help you out.
Check out http://picsicio.us/keyword/se5a%20plans/

lou

dave_t

lastvautour

Since there are so few carving days til Christmas, a reminder that time marches on. Here is my project to date. I have a deadline of early Dec as I plan on mailing it so it arrives for Christmas.

Lou

dave_t

Barry, here is a drawing of the Christmas Bullet...