• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

What is it? Christmas, 2011

Started by Mark Braunlich, December 20, 2011, 10:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Braunlich

Everyone getting a little sleepy from the holiday treats?
Time to scratch your noggins and jog the "leetle grey cells".
This one is easy:

Peter

Mark Braunlich

lastvautour

Will

Something US Navy with straight wings in 60's era colours - Hmmm....Banshee well and truly obsolete by then even for reserve units????? - Hmmm a bit more....

I thought of S-2 / S-6 family but their wings don't seem to fold straight up so my best guess is a Grumman F9F Panther with tip-tanks removed (assuming that's possible).

My second guess would be a Savage AJ-1 as Lou's building one but again I thought they had tip-tanks.

Regards
Will Booth

Mark Braunlich

Lou, I knew you would get it.  Yes it's the dear old Banjo in US Navy vernacular.

Mark

Will

Mark that's not fair.  It wasn't the right colour.  ::) Banshees are supposed to be dark blue - and have tip-tanks.

Anyway the Panther was way better looking.

Will

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Mark Braunlich

Supposed to be dark blue???   Don't tell our Canadian friends that.  They had the prettiest Banshees.

Happy Christmas to everyone!  
Mark

The next one will be more difficult.

lastvautour

It was hard not to miss this one. I make over a dozen of those.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Lou,
Plastic or wood?  I count 18 there.   Canada bought 39 which means you only have 21 more to make!  Were those for a carrier project?

Mark

lastvautour

There's actually only 9 in that photo as the line is duplicated from a slightly different angle. I did do another 8 but do to incorrect drawings there went to the scrap pile. They will be displayed on my HMCS Bonavemture when completed.

Lou