• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Hawker Sea Hawk completed 8 May 2022

Started by Boomerang, January 29, 2022, 03:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Pushing along slowly. Sorting out which decals to use. Plus hanging stuff off f the wings. I'll draw the line at doing 60lb RP's.

I consider that everyone on here does excellent work.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

I look forward to when the canopy is installed!

Fraser

Boomerang

Working on the cockpit. Using a cockpit cut out from an old "Modelaid" magazine. Pilot still undergoing "surgery".

"Bundook " removed. Arms and legs being adjusted to some semblance of a seating position.

pictures to follow.

Gordon

Boomerang

Where the Sea Hawk is at.

Painting started. Pilot nearly done. Canopy trimmed. Cockpit done with aid of cut out from "Modelaid" magazine.

Gordon

lastvautour

Looking pretty good despite the small image.

Lou

Boomerang

Staring to add some decals. Have to revisit some ( slight mods for some).

Picture to follow.

Gordon

Boomerang

Where the Sea Hawk is at. Needed some underwing stores. Drop tanks done turned from balsa dowel in a drill. Fins from takeaway coffee cup top
Fitted through a slot.

Need to extend slightly the decals for the Suez stripes and slightly reduce the underwing serial. Need another serial decal for the tail.
The last one refused to detach from my finger.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Looks great so far Gordon. I like the open cockpit shot. Excellent details.

Lou

Boomerang

Nearly ready to hand over to the quality control guy.

Couple more decals to be applied. Touch up where required. Coat of satin clear. Then the canopy goes on.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Awesome markings Gordon. I always loved those Suez identification stripes and you nailed them.

Lou

Boomerang

They were done using decals. Required a bit of touch up on the top. Have to rework one on the bottom.

Currently getting my head around the fuselage ones. Fiddling with paper templates in order to get the stripes vertical.

Just realised I need to print off another roundel for the side. Must be getting occasional brain fades.

Onwards.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Still fiddling with paper templates for the fuselage stripes.

Gordon

lastvautour

I am sure you will find the answer. Do you have any flexible masking tape? I have used it successfully several times.

Lou

Boomerang

Nearly but not quite. Handing over to the quality control and extra roundel decal guy.

Shouldn't be too long.

Canopy went on with no real hassles. That leaves 1/72 Gannet, Skua and Whitley canopies in the down the track box.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I see you sorted out the fuselage stripping nicely. Great looking ship overall.

Lou