• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Herc Toon.

Started by buccfan, December 18, 2020, 09:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

What kind of wood did you use? May I have a copy of your drawings? I may do an RCAF J version.

Lou

lastvautour

Please show me how you did your prop discs. They look fantastic. Way better than mine.

Lou

buccfan

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, The model is HS-E420DC, here is an un-boxing video on Youtube, I have only used it for Acrylic so I'me not sure about other paints, the fumes go out the back on an extending tube which goes out of the window, my version of the hose twists on to the wire motor cover on the back, not by screws as in the video, which makes it earier to take on and off. regards Paul J . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1v5Ydn6Mic

buccfan

I used some pine that I had in my workshop, the wide grain  proved a bit tricky but turned out ok. I will have to sort out the templates, as I made a set to start with, but had to modify the parts as I went along, to make things fit better to the scale. Funnily enough I used your tutorial on the prop discs. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

The pipe out of the back extends to about 1.5 metres, there are two filter pads installed, the instructiond say to remove one if you are using the external extraction pipe but use two if you are not venting outside. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I would definitely need to vent outside. As far as the prop discs, yours look much more defined than mine or is it just the angle of the light? Thanks for the info.

Lou

buccfan

That picture of the discs was straight off the drill, I hadn't taken the tape off so the shape was showing up better. I'll sort something out with the templates, will a picture taken on my 1cm squared cutting mat be ok?. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Great idea with the cutting board. It will give a good reference as to size.

Lou

buccfan

Here are the templates and a couple of extra images, the templates are on an A4 cutting mat with 1/2" squares. Although the spinner is on the engine I did them separately.I notched the leading edge to set the engines in the wing, then blended the tops in to match, keeping, the radius and just blending where it met the wing. You may want to start with the two outer ones first, to make sure they dont come too far back due to the taper on the back edge. If you need anything else just let me know. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I have downloaded the images. I hope to do it this year as part of my 20 Models for 20 Years. I was going to do the Vautour using the camouflage scheme but did not have the colours required.

Lou

Gearup

Thanks for sharing your build techniques for the herc. Looks like fun!
Fraser

buccfan

Thanks Fraser, yes they are fun to build, I like to make all the missiles and pods on the fighter types. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Lou,I had to order some of the colours for the Israeli camo scheme and that was not easy at the moment. Humbrol paints (acrylics) are hard to get and I only managed to get 3 of what I needed. The others were from Vallejo Model Colour as alternatives from the FS numbers. Everything I wanted was low stock or no stock, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I have to order much of my paints from Toronto or USA. Not easy being in a small town with no hobby resources. I will be extending the forward fuselage to make it a J version.

Lou

buccfan

Top view with template. Regards Paul J.