• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Upload a plan

Started by Marsh, January 21, 2008, 03:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh

Hi,
     can you help please? I went to the Member-submitted plans to upload a plan. But when I clicked on it I got  NO IMAGE DISPLAY am I missing some thing?  I am not to good on the PC so it might be some time till I am OK with the new site (better with steam).
Regards Marsh.

lastvautour

Marshall, in the upper menu you will find an icon that says upload file. Select it and follow the cues. At one point it will ask what album you wish to place it in. At that time you may select whatever you wish or at least what ever is highlighted.

Marsh

Hi,
     I can't see the link.
Marsh.

Ken Pugh

All the way up at the top is the link/button for "Upload file."  If you can't see that, you may not be logged in.  At the top all the way to the right (at the top) you should see a link that says "Logout [***]" if you are actually logged in.

Ken Pugh

Oceaneer99

Marsh wrote:

"Hi,
     can you help please? I went to the Member-submitted plans to upload a plan. But when I clicked on it I got  NO IMAGE DISPLAY am I missing some thing?  I am not to good on the PC so it might be some time till I am OK with the new site (better with steam).
Regards Marsh."

Marsh,

Welcome to the new site!  It's good to see you here.

We are all still learning this site, so don't worry.  You got the "No image to display" because the album is currently empty. 

But it turns out to upload a file, you don't go to the album where you want the image to go.  This is a bit backwards, but to upload a file, make sure you are logged in, and if you are, you will find an "Upload file" button at the very top  of the screen.  Click that and it will bring you to an "Upload file" screen which lets you select the file(s) to upload.  After the files have been uploaded, the system will ask you which album to put them in (one at a time), and you can select the album you want, such as your personal albums or the member-submitted plans album.

Ray is working on some tutorials, but this should get you started.  Send me e-mail if you need more detailed instructions.

Garet

Oceaneer99

Marsh,

Ray pointed out that you don't have an account on the gallery yet.  The gallery accounts are separate from the forum (you can and probably should use the same user name to avoid confusion).  Let us know if you have trouble registering at the gallery.

Until you are registered and logged on, you won't see the "upload" button at all.

Garet

Oceaneer99

Marsh, I can see the Supreme B-29 plans you uploaded!  They are pretty big files, but should compress well as a 1-bit image.  I'll post the restored plans when I finish them.

Incidentally, I haven't been able to upload files larger than 2 MB, so I'm not sure what your secret was.

I have some poorer-quality digital photos of the Supreme B-17 kit plans if anyone needs them (I'd have to do some restoration first)

Garet

Marsh

Hi All,
  It was my mistake. I had no account in the Gallery. Yesterday uploaded two plans but it would not upload the next part of the plan. Will try later.
Marsh.

R.F.Bennett

Marsh,
I gave you a higher upload limit so we wouldn't have to delete your uploaded plans before you upload more.
That's why you are now listed as an "Old Guy" in the gallery. It just means you no longer have an upload limit. Here's the catch, sometimes I screw it up, (depending on how medicated I am) and Garet has to step in.
Let us know if you still have a problem. Great job by the way...  ;D
"The Dude Abides"

Ken Pugh

It's good to know the upload limit can be adjusted.  I put some stuff in photobucket because I saw how fast my limit would fill up if I posted progress pics and showed steps in a project.  I'll just post away and if I get out of hand just yell at me, Ray!

I do have some projects fully documented, like the Oscar.  Would you like to see build threads on the site for beginners?

Ken Pugh

Marsh

Hi All,
         Thank's Ray. Ken I think build threads are good to have.We all can learn.
Marsh.