• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Gallery Link

Started by lastvautour, January 01, 2008, 12:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Ray, is there a direct link to the gallery from here?

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

davetunison

Search results for the new gallery are beginning to appear on Google. A milestone of sorts.

Oceaneer99

Google may have picked up the links from our flickr pages.  Apparently, having references from another site helps increase the importance of a site.

davetunison

Ray also put links on the old MSN-groups page. That helped too probably.

R.F.Bennett

That is one of the reasons putting good tags and descriptions on images and plans is important. I know it doesn't get done all the time, but you can go back and add them later and change the descriptions. You can't tag msn group photos. But if you tag a photo P-51 and someone googles P-51 they may end up at the site. It's not just for members searching within the site. Most search engines will not bother mucking through groups like MSN and Flickr. We're now outside of there walls so to speak. I will have more time soon to go through and tag-test images so if you see your gallery tags changing it's just me tweaking.
"The Dude Abides"

dave_t

Interesting how drawings in the gallery get three times as many views (or more) as photos of our work. All of the top 20 most viewed items in the gallery are drawings, the highest being the Fokker D.VII at 886 page views :o Has anyone built one of these (or any of the top 20 for that matter)? I haven't either... yet :)

R.F.Bennett

It's because that is the first file placed in the plans gallery. A model made form the second plan, Guillow's P-40 can be found here;

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=91&pos=0

:P
"The Dude Abides"

dave_t

I like it! Especially how it was posed with the magazine cover. Nice.