• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Percival Proctor

Started by Balsabasher, October 27, 2014, 10:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Two hundred hours work,lots of solid model elements,scale 1/7th a replica of my aeroplane that I looked after in 1967.

lastvautour

Welcome back. Missed your posts. That Percival Proctor looks fantastic. When do you anticipate the first flight?

Lou

lastvautour

Was this a kit or did you build it from scratch?

Lou

Balsabasher

Scratch built everything including the difficult deep draw cockpit canopy,working inboard and outboard flaps,full internal detail,working landing and navigation lights,onboard gyro,22 volt Outrunner motor,the 48th year anniversary memories celebration flight planned for the Summer of 2015.

Barry.

cliff strachan

A Beauty, Barry. That's for sure.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Do you post details on a flying model site?

Lou

Balsabasher

No Lou I have no interest in them,just here this is my home.

Barry.

Boomerang

Looks terrific Barry

gordon

Balsabasher

Thank you Gordon it has been a very enjoyable build so far,probably because my heart is in the subject.

Barry.

lastvautour

Had a look at your gallery photos. Please keep those coming. Interesting photo of using a solid to do a flying model rather than the other way round.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou I used a solid model and a Frog plastic model as well to study things such as the wheel spats,using a 3D small model and having it on your workbench as you go along is a good idea,sometimes a plan does not convey the shape you want or a photograph for that matter either,also building a solid gives you a feel for the subject before you tackle the big one.
A friend gave me a 475 photo walk around of the Proctor as well which has a lot of the detail I want to incorporate.

As you can see from the gallery pictures there are lots of solid model elements to this model otherwise I would not normally post my flying models here,but things like the wheel spats and nose cowl are like solids in themselves of aircraft parts,

Barry