• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Heinkel He 162 Commenced 2 Jan 2021

Started by Boomerang, January 02, 2021, 01:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Will post pics when some progress has been made.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Where the "Spatz" is currently at.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Looks great so far. I look forward to this one.

Lou

Boomerang

Just looking for a colour scheme and decals.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

My favorite source for schemes is Wings Palette. You have to hunt around sometimes. Here is the link for the He 162 http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/454/2/0

Lou

Gearup

Looks very sleek. What woods are you using?
Fraser

Boomerang

Fraser,

Tail is Basswood . Rest is Balsa

Gordon

buccfan

Looking good Gordon, we don't seem to get much of a supply of Basswood here in the UK, you can buy packs of smaller pieces on Amazon but nothing substantial. Regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Paul,

When I was in Sydney there was a Hobby shop that stocked the sheets. Mainly the Architectural students would come in and snaffle it.

Used to get what I could when I could.

Found some bulk sheets on ebay years ago so got some. With the stash of balsa it should keep me going for a while.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Where the "Spatz" is at.

Wing attached . Fins glued. Tail group is not attached at this stage. Started to put some paint on. The brown is not quite right but its what I've got.

The local hobby shop over here is pretty much denuded of paints.

On the left is the the jet eflux made from a bamboo chop stick , hollowed and turned on a drill. the fins are from black takeaway coffee lid. On the right is the dome that goes inside the inlet.
made from scrap balsa.

Black decals have been printed.

Shouldn't be too long.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

buccfan

Boomerang

Thank you Paul.

It failed the accidental drop test . Had to make a new wing tip. A search was made for the original. No doubt it will turn up when I have finished the model.

Had do redo the decals for the numeral 4 ,red arrow and squadron emblem. I sealed the original but it went crinkle finish.

We had a change come through . Went from high 30's to high teens with rain. Will wait till the sun comes out.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

At least wood damage is easily fixed. Hope to see more progress shots soon.

Lou

Boomerang

After repairing the same wingtip from yet another drop test the aerial, guns and the last decal was added.

A coat of satin and I will call it finished.

The cockpit is done with silver and then a very light wash of pale green.

Now that I've finished this one I can cut out another one.

Cheers

Gordon