• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 RAF BE4

Started by Will, November 13, 2013, 01:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I tried finding your photos on Picasa but did not have any luck. Can you tell the title of some of your photos.

Lou

Will

lastvautour

Thank you Will. The images are crystal clear and can be enlarged to see the details. Congratulations on an excellent BE4.

Lou

Will

Hi Guys,
This appeared in our local newspaper this week:

I think I should have smiled a bit more but I was probably worried the plane might fall off the base or take off in the wind!

Regards
Will

PS In a typical application of Murphy's Law of Modelling, I've now found a really nice clear photo of no.204 in another book I forgot to check, where she now has a two-bladed airscrew, which would have halved the work on that aspect.  Which particular type the aeroplane had fitted on the trip to Romsey would be a challenge to find out!

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Congrats Will!
That has turned out to be a nice model indeed!

Peter

Congratulations Will your famous!

Peter

lastvautour

Feels good to be published. Congratulations. Let us hope that someone in your area will want to join us.

Lou

Balsabasher

Well done Will ! showing the solid modelling flag is really good for the hobby,what an enjoyable and successful exercise this has been.
Barry.

cliff strachan

That is a very nice model and photo, Will. There appears to be a lot of history referred to in the accompanying article. Again an area in which plastics appear reluctant to compete. Congratulations Will. You've served SMM well.
Cliff.

Mark Braunlich

Will,
Saw today this 1912 book about Hendon Aerodrome on ebay.....includes a view of 204 in flight.

Balsabasher

The book may not realise very much as books at the moment are not holding their prices,what with Kindle's and other electronic devices the bookshops are heaving with unsold stock,I will always prefer book's for reference over such things,if its unsold what is the EBay number Mark please ?

Barry.

Will

Barry,

It looks interesting but condition is poor for earlier parts:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-RARE-The-LONDON-AERODROME-HENDON-Original-1st-Edition-catalogue-1912-/310813816220?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item485df2759c

There are 14 pages "supersized" available in the listing worth looking at.  A couple of the photos I think recognise from other books

Will

Mark Braunlich

This just showed up on my Facebook home page.....Lt Fox on 203.

Balsabasher

Will its a friend of mine selling it,he has handled and purchased some of my models in the past,the damage looks like acid probably been in a garage or something like that ? certainly rare I have not seen another.
Barry.

Will

Quote from: Balsabasher on December 11, 2013, 05:58:08 PM
Will its a friend of mine selling it,he has handled and purchased some of my models in the past**snip**
Barry.

The same vendor has some old built solids as well as boxed kits!

Will