• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Uploading to the gallery help

Started by G West, February 02, 2010, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G West

I am having one heck of a time trying to upload new photos to my album.  There is no where that i  can find an upload tab anywhere.  I have tried every page.  Please can someone help. 

Balsabasher

Go to the page marked 'Members Gallery' at the top,there is an upload button which shows only when you are signed in,click onto 'upload' and a browse box appears,select your first 5 pictures and hit the button,you can then add the necessary details and the upload process will complete itself,I hope this helps you,remember you must be logged in first.
Barry.

dave_t

You have to log into the gallery separately from the forum. It's a different account.

dave_t

I have enough H. A. Thomas (Air Trails) solid plans now to create a separate folder in the gallery. I have heard there is a huge backlog of files to be sorted out in the member-submitted plans section. Should I wait a while before uploading any more of them?

Dave

cliff strachan

Dave,  I've got a couple of H.A. Thomas's plans that although I'm not sure I think that so far they have not been displayed.

Cliff

dave_t

These are the solid model plans by Thomas from "Air Trails" I have collected so far.
They publish them in 3/16"=1' which I believe comes out to 1/64.

Boeing B-17G
Northrop P-61 Black Widow
Lockheed P-80
Yak-9
Curtiss C-46 Commando
Republic P-47N
Douglas A-26 Invader
N.A. B-25H
Fairey Firefly - with folded wings
Cessna 190
Piper Super Cub
Martin XB-48
Convair XP-81

Balsabasher

Dave I would love to build some of these ! the Firefly sounds interesting,get them scanned and loaded so we can start building some of them.
You have probably notice the 'Air Stories' plans that I have started to upload,I hope that you are finding these interesting ?
Barry.

dave_t

Thanks for the Spitfire article, I already downloaded it. I have never heard of "Air Stories" until now, but it sounds a bit like "Air Trails" here in the USA.

Balsabasher

Yes you are correct it was a sort of British version of your 'Air Trails' Dave,my father used to buy second hand copies of 'Flying Aces' and if he could get them 'Air Trails' on British market stalls that had been rounded up and shipped over here from the States,you can still see the prices marked in US currency on those covers so there is a bit of social history,there is something magic about those old pulp mags that makes you want to reach for your tools and materials,I have built scores of models from them including many rubber driven flying scale models which have flown beautifully.
Over the months and weeks there will be more plans scanned like the Spitfire for our files for everyone to enjoy and perhaps inspire them to build as solids,if anyone has subjects that are not covered I would love to have them fill the gaps in my collection and scan them to here,it is so important that we do this because some of those drawings are very fragile indeed and need preserving.
You are most welcome Dave.
Barry.

cliff strachan

I think Dave that you've got all the H.A.Thomas Air Trails that I've got. I'll check and if I've got one or two that you don't have I'll get back  to you. To Barry, I think I've got a bunch of 3views that I plan to post - soon.

Cliff

Balsabasher

Dave can you upload the Super Cub please ? its a neat high winger and would fit my collection nicely.
Barry.

lastvautour

dave_t

Barry, I said Super Cub instead of Super Cruiser. Uploading it right now.

Dave

cliff strachan

Dave, of the list of H.A.Thomas's plans that you posted I've only got one that apparently you don't have. That's his P51. Incidentally, I built my P47, P61 and B17 from his plans - only finishing (painting) the Black Widow this year. Hows that for procrastinating? (I started it about 1946) I also referred to his plans for the P51 while building my latest model to be finished "shortly". I'll try to send you the 3views of the Mustang as an attachment before Nov 17 so that you could then post them to the site all together.
Cliff.