• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

HAWKER "HART" (SSM 20th Anniversary Cook-up)

Started by K_mars, December 21, 2021, 10:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thank you for posting Kenji. Looks great.

Lou

K_mars

I like to sharpen propellers. I'm using a knife called "Kuri-Kogatana" for scooping.
It cuts well, so I scooped up my index finger.

K_mars

In "SCALE MODEL AIR CRAFT", it is written that the wheels are made of wood, rubber rings, and aluminum plates.
When I searched for a rubber ring in the shop, I found an "O-ring". An item of the same size as the drawing was sold for about $ 1. How lucky I am!

lastvautour

A cut finger is always part of the hobby. I have not used "O" rings yet but many other modelers have done so.
I hope you heal fast.

Lou

K_mars

Thanks, Lou
I also glued my fingers with instant glue (really). Of course, it's for medical use.

The boards of the tail wings are really thin, so it was better to sand them than to cut them with a knife.

lastvautour

K_mars

I had a 1mm "Nickel silver" wire, so I made "Interplane strut" and "Shock strut".

lastvautour

Gearup

Nice work with the wire. I find it difficult to get nice bends in steel wire.
Also I think of the bleeding on the model the equivalent of the laser hologram marks of authenticity of expensive clothes. No one can make a forgery of your models ;) !

Fraser

K_mars

Thanks, Lou, Fraser

As you say, nickel silver is hard. Bend the nickel silver wire firmly and then put it back. Attach the wire to the double-sided tape and sand it.
The shock absorber was made by bending a nickel silver plate.

lastvautour

K_mars

Thanks, Lou

The propeller was shaped. In the center, a pipe for "Starter dog" is inserted.

lastvautour

Nice looking propeller Kenji. I like seeing your progress photos.

Lou

K_mars

Thanks, Lou

I apply "Sanding Sealer" to the propeller, sand it with #400 sandpaper, and apply "Sanding Sealer" again.
Spinner are dark wood.

K_mars

When I was scraping the trailing edge of the lower wing, I made a big scratch. It was repaired with a slightly hard wood (white part).
This white tree is also a "Magnolia obovata". In Japan, this part is called "Shirota". It means "Sap wood".

In Japan, there are still several companies that saw wood for models.
The board in the photo below is 450mm x 150mm x 3mm. This dark part is a heartwood that is easy to scrape.