• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Blackburn Beverley in 1=200th scale

Started by Balsabasher, December 12, 2011, 08:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Latest addition to the miniatures is this Blackburn Beverley,after sitting around in grey primer it was time to give it some paintwork,all hand painted by brush and Citadel paint,the nose legend is a Scorpion and it says 'UK or bust' RAF Middle East done with a 0000 brush on the rear fuselage and matt black lower surfaces applied with a piece of sponge.
All wood is Jelutong with wheels robbed from a Zylmex diecast miniature,they are metal barbell type,undercarriage legs are made from a toothbrush handle run down with a piercing saw and scraped to shape.
Thought that it was about time I got something built,prop discs to still be added.
Barry.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/10005/BEVERLEY_4.JPG

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/10005/BEVERLEY_3.JPG

lastvautour

Nice work. The Beverley is still a fair size bird even at 1/200 scale.

Lou

Balsabasher

Yes it is Lou,I have the plans to build a 1=72nd scale model as well.
Barry.

lastvautour

The Beverley is not on my to-do list and probably will never be. However I always thought it look kind out of place with those tiny engine nacelles and such a large airframe. You did some good work.

Lou

Ken Pugh

Nice looking model, Barry.  Small is cool!

Ken Pugh

Balsabasher

Thank you Ken,your kind comments are appreciated.
Barry.

Mothman

Nice job, Barry. Lovely paintwork.
Martin

Balsabasher

Thank you Martin,it takes me so long to paint by hand these days as the eyesight is not what it used to be like,at one time I would think nothing of painting a chequerboard on the fin bullet of the Westland Whirlwind,these days it is simpler bolder schemes !
Barry.

Ken Pugh

The joy you get from it is still there, though, isn't it?

Ken Pugh

Balsabasher

Certainly is Ken,we can only do our best and keep decorating by hand.
Barry.

Jim

Quote from: Balsabasher on December 16, 2011, 10:55:01 AM
Thank you Martin,it takes me so long to paint by hand these days as the eyesight is not what it used to be like,at one time I would think nothing of painting a chequerboard on the fin bullet of the Westland Whirlwind,these days it is simpler bolder schemes !
Barry.

Ahhh, and go very lightly on the coffee, too!
And so it goes...

Peter

Amazing job as always. When are you going to open your own aviation model museum? You definitely have enough for several floors. I'd pay admission!

Peter

Balsabasher

The museum closed in May this year Peter,I was negotiating for moving the models to a local flying museum but they showed very little interest so they are held in store until a decision is made on their future.

Barry.

Peter

I'm sorry to here that. Your collection deserves a proper home where can be enjoyed by less talented enthusiasts like myself.

cliff strachan

Barry's collection justly belongs to future generations in some manner or another. Perhaps this group, as possibly at least one of a very few worldwide groups devoted to the Solid Scale tradition almost exclusively, may be able to come up with a solution  to this problem. Perhaps in the new year if we all put our minds to it.
Cliff.