• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Making way for my new library,this years output so far.

Started by Balsabasher, August 08, 2011, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Today I moved this years model output into one spot for safety, away from planks of timber that I was weilding whilst building the inner roof on my new much needed library that will house thousands of aviation reference books,yes I have built this unit inside my workshop for that purpose,so what you see here is aprox half of this years output so far.
As I filled the shelves I found books that I had forgotton all about and collected over the years,the room is quite small and compact but crammed with as much shelf space as I could  get shelves onto the walls,now I can sit and study future projects when the rain lashes down outside in comfort.
I will need to work out where to put the standalone bookshelves as well away from the main reference area.
Here is a picture of the gathered models.
Barry.

lastvautour

Peter

Egad Barry, you are a model building machine! Are they sitting on a model train layout as well? OO scale? I grew up around HO scale trains and have always wanted to try Z scale myself. But I have for my existing hobbies before I can add new ones. Or so my wife keeps telling me.

Peter

Balsabasher

For Lou,do not worry as some models still need final paint and finishing before the photoshoot and go into the MOY album.

For Peter-Born to build and create beautiful objects,I consider any artistic talents a gift and there to enjoy and use,plus inspire others to do similar things.
I have been watching the impressionist artists series,how beautiful was there work with such vibrant colour and brush strokes,the joy of their work lives on forever,and so will our solid models !
Barry.

Balsabasher

Forgot to add,yes OO Gauge layout,most of the items were free as people leave their storage units and do not pay their bills,I am given anything to do with models,so I thought why not build a layout and put them to good use ?
Barry.