• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Hunting Percival Jet Provost T.3

Started by Balsabasher, July 06, 2011, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Looking good Barry, no white showing in the underside picture. I use the thin Tamiya tape myself on plastic so I presume you still get a good line on wood. Lou, was the green tape you used on your Airtoon canopy the Frog tape?

Balsabasher

One thing to watch out for with the Tamiya tape,the dispenser is useless as sometimes the tape gets twisted and wasted as you pull it out,just use the tape as any ordinary roll of masking tape,the clean edge on this tape is really good,little wonder that it is a popular item for Tamiya.
Barry.

buccfan

I have wasted tape a couple of times with the dispenser, I think you're right I'll bin it. Glad to hear you get a clean edge. Do you rub the edge down to make sure it's sealed? Regards Paul J.

Balsabasher

I use an eraser to rub down the edges Paul,seems to work fine and you can get into the corners with a pointed one.
Barry.

lastvautour

Paul J. Frog Tape cut on a glass sheet was used for the Hawk AirToons.

Lou

buccfan

Mothman

I buy primer in large rattle cans from an auto body refinishing shop. It's Tetrasyl and is very much cheaper than Halfords. If you put some hot water in a jug and then leave the tin in the water for a few minutes until, when you shake it, it feels warm, the spray is much stronger and finer.  Don't forget to wipe the can with a lump of kitchen tissue after getting it out of the water otherwise you'll imitate a soaked dog when you shake the can for mixing!  Been there, done that....

Such a shame the Fascists have stopped us using cellulose.  Wonderful stuff.

M