• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Schweizer Glider/Cessna Tow Plane........................(Completed 16 May 2014)

Started by lastvautour, July 20, 2012, 12:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Had to remove the string ribbing on the horizontal stab and will replace it with half round plastic rods from Evergreen. Evergreen was used on the rudder.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, a very nice model. But briefly when you get time: "What is Evergreen?"

Cliff.

lastvautour

Evergreen makes all sorts of shapes for modeling. Check them out here. You will find them at any model shop or train shop.

http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/

Lou

lastvautour

Slooooooooowly coming along.

Lou

Balsabasher

Very effective Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

Corrugation has begun on the ailerons. This a slow process as the glue need to dry a bit before I attempt to add another piece.

Balsabasher

A busy workbench scene Lou,looking really good.
Barry.

lastvautour

And sometimes hard to find a particular tool.

Lou

lastvautour

Well, one aileron is done. I tried using thick acrylic craft paint as a glue medium and it worked as well as superglue. Since the wing will be yellow --

Lou

Balsabasher

Yes acrylic has excellent adhesive properties,I use it a lot in my art collage work for this very reason,also it flows right up to the edges sealing them off,Lou get yourself a tub of Golden products clear tar gel its really useful stuff.
Barry.

lastvautour

The fuselage has its fourth coat of yellow. It is brushed on acrylic and I am hoping it will turn out. A light sanding and a final coat will follow later this week.

Lou

lastvautour

For whatever reason the photos in this thread will only display if you select them. This applies to photos attached prior to the change and only this one thread. ??? Regardless, the L-19 is close to completion. All painting and decals have been done and now I need to carve a four bladed prop.

Lou

lastvautour

My prop is not quite as smooth as the photo of the 1/1 scale version, but it is coming along.  The prop requires alternating black and white stripes starting with white on two opposing blades and black on the other two.
The exhaust is a five piece affair with electrical wire as the curved piece and round stock for the attaching hardware and the mufflers. This is done to reduce noise levels and keep the locals happy.
I hope to be finished by weeks end.
Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, that is a very neat model. I particularly like the undercarriage.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Thank you Cliff. These rare home made metal landing gear struts.

Lou