• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Schweizer Glider/Cessna Tow Plane........................(Completed 16 May 2014)

Started by lastvautour, July 20, 2012, 12:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Lou I am glad that others experience these senior moments as well ! how could you forget that you had already blocked this model out ? carry on regardless,these moments happen as the grey hairs start sprouting.

Barry.

lastvautour

Carving has begun.

Lou

lastvautour

Basic shaping of the airfoil and fuselage contours.

Lou

Balsabasher

Another beauty Lou,love the scale as well nice and big.

Barry.

Biggles

one of my friends has flown in a bird dog, I might have a go at making one!
Biggles
John 15:13

Balsabasher

There is a fantastic story about a Bird Dog which escaped from Vietnam with the pilots five family members  onboard,he landed on an aircraft carrier and they pushed aircraft overboard so he could land,if some clever person can search the internet for this there is even some photographs,its a great little aircraft and a delight to fly.

Barry.

lastvautour

Balsabasher

Thanks Lou thats an amazing story,the all up weight of two adults and five children in that small cockpit was cutting it fine,if they had ditched then it is doubtful if they would have survived.

Barry.

lastvautour

I found that I made a critical error in carving the fuselage of my L-19. A new fuselage has been drawn on the wood to be used and hopefully carving will be started this weekend. It is easier to begin anew than attempt to fix the error. Live and learn again

Lou

Biggles

lou, were are the plans for the L-19?
biggles

Balsabasher

Lou the error would have been there every time that you looked at the model,the other fuselage can go to the apprentice school at Vautour Aeronautics as a ground airframe.

Barry.

lastvautour

The L-19 plans from Model Airplane News have been posted to the gallery http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=97&pid=8081#top_display_media

The new fuselage is half block carved and progressing.

Lou

Balsabasher

Excellent drawings,I may just tackle a Bird Dog after seeing these,its a lovely aircraft and they are much cherished by their civilian owners who have purchased demobbed machines.

Barry.

Biggles

thanks Lou, the plans didn't come up in the search bar.
I found some good plans on the internet, here they are.
Biggles.

lastvautour