• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

The Hangar 1/48 Scale

Started by lastvautour, March 06, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

To make one longer or make a turn  just cut open one end and glue.

lastvautour

Glue the ducts to the top of the cinder block columns. Tidying up loose pieces is done after with super glue.

lastvautour

Air diffusers are a personal choice based on what you want to achieve. Sorry I can't find the pattern for the diffuser.

lastvautour

Signs may be put up at any time. I like the safety reminder. I also identify my shops.

lastvautour

Moving right along. Notice the black top effect.

lastvautour

Water suppression piping is red. I used BBQ skewers to form the pipes. Arrange pipes to reach all area of the hangar. The vertical member is the feed line and should be bigger.

lastvautour

Water pipes were painted yellow.

lastvautour

The curcuit breaker panel required two electricians to put it on straight.

lastvautour

Electrical conduits were painted grey.

lastvautour

No hangar is complete without clutter. All are home made except for drop tanks and missile which are plastic. Add a few people and you have a nice area for your photo taking.

lastvautour

Although this is a 1/72 AJ Savage, the hangar lends itself to many photo ops.

Lou

Anyone wanting close ups of any area are welcomed to ask.

buccfan

Well what can I say!!!!!!!!. That has got to be a tutorial to beat all tutorials!. Excellent Lou, very informative and enjoyable. You never fail to impress me. i like your mini workforce, do they take much looking after? Regards Paul J. 

lastvautour

They are non-union and work for scale!!!!

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Thanks Lou.
Very informative and nicely done.

I once contemplated making one of those 1920s-1930s RAF hangars with the lattice roof trusses but no actual roof to allow for illumination.  One of these years.... :-\

Mark

cliff strachan

Really nice Lou. It was a lot of work I'm sure but it sure fills the bill.
Cliff.