• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Beech 18 1/72 Scale........................................(Completed 11 Mar 20)

Started by lastvautour, January 26, 2012, 11:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thank you Peter and Barry. I had the Plexiglas cut professionally but the word professional does not reflect the man's skills. The edges were rough and the sizes slightly off. A few swipes with a rasp rectified most of the problems and the case turn out OK after all. I have revised my mounting to a circular cone with a metallic post. I still have to remove all the dust from the inside and then I will seal it and place it in a safe area for July's presentation. I will post a photo of the finished project.

Lou

buccfan

Lovely job on the case Lou, I assume you cut the material from the back of your kilt?.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I got it from someone* high up. The plaque inside says Ken's First Flight as this is the type of aircraft that first carried him aloft.

Lou
*   The seamstress worked on the second floor.
** Note the blacken finger nail as a result of having the finger between the wood and axe handle when the axe came down.

Mark Braunlich

My first flight was in a Beech 18 also.  :D  It was a gift ride bought by my father when I was about seven, the whole family going aloft, Mom, Dad, my brother and I.   That only happened a couple of times, the whole family going aloft.  The other time, it was a Ford Tri-Motor of Island Airlines.

Mark

Balsabasher

Mark I cannot top the Tin Goose but I have flown in the following vintage types-Junkers Ju.52 3/m,Short Sandringham Flying boat,Benz Mraz Sokol,Miles Magister,DH.Dove,DH.Heron,Hornet Moth,Tiger Moth,Rapide,Auster,Aeronca Sedan,Chipmunk,Piper J.2 Cub,DH.84 Dragon,Ryan PT-22 Recruit, plus more but my log book is not to hand,I actually flew the Piper Cub myself for half an hour flying over various historic landmarks so the owner could hang out over the side taking photographs,it is a delightful little machine and so stable as well.
Barry.