• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Beech 18 1/72 Scale........................................(Completed 11 Mar 20)

Started by lastvautour, January 26, 2012, 11:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The RCAF Expeditor is complete. Decals were from Hobbycraft/Matchbox kits with a few home made.

Lou

cliff strachan

Holy mackrel Lou! That's a very nice B18/C45. Feel like going for a ride. Also well presented as it is on the tartan of the RCAF.
Cliff.

lastvautour

buccfan

That looks excellent Lou, the prop discs look really effective.Regards Paul J.

Ken Pugh

Love that bright, snappy paint scheme.  I have got to build me one of these!

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Thank you all. The RCAF colour scheme is striking. If I make another, it will be the USN white and dayglo scheme.

Lou

buccfan

Balsabasher

lastvautour

Thank you Barry. It will sit upon RCAF Tartan in a plexiglass case. I will be donating it to a friend for his 70th birthday next July. The case is in the works. I will post photos when done.

Lou

Balsabasher

I have never heard of RCAF Tartan Lou ? I am sure that your friend will be delighted with his lovely Beech 18 in its custom case,a very worthy thing to do and spread joy to others.
Barry.

lastvautour

The RCAF Tartan is probably close to the RAF style. We use for decorations, table cloths, kilts etc.
Here I am in a Kilty golf tournament.

Lou

Balsabasher

lastvautour

The case is done and just need a bit of smoothing the rough edges. The model is just sitting on the tartan for now. I want a piece of acrylic that will be glued to the corner suspending the model in a slight banking condition.

Lou

Peter

Very impressive Lou! Did you cut the acrylic yourself or did you have it cut professionally?

Balsabasher

Veru impressive Lou,you habve made a interesting presentation piece.
Barry.