• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Beech 18 1/72 Scale........................................(Completed 11 Mar 20)

Started by lastvautour, January 26, 2012, 11:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Another small project just started a few weeks ago.

Lou

Balsabasher

I love the Beech 18 as a subject,didnt you do one before Lou to a large scale ?
Barry.

lastvautour

I made a 1/32 scale last year and a 1/24 scale some twenty years ago.

Lou

Balsabasher

Great subject in any scale Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

Carving the wing has been started as well as the nacelles. It turns out that I have a dowel just the right size so things will be moving right along.

Lou

Balsabasher

We never get tired of seeing the twin radial Beech 18 whatever the scale it is made to.
Barry.

lastvautour

I finished the tail feathers and made a second nacelle this afternoon. Yes, I must agree that the Beech 18 does hold a high place in my all time favorites.

Lou

lastvautour

Some carving and test fitting of major components.

Lou

Balsabasher

Thats the way I do my engine nacelles and fitting as well Lou,it allows for easier positioning up and down unlike other methods which can be a bit hit and miss and difficult to cut in an accurate way.
Barry.

lastvautour

I have since replaced the Poplar dowel with pine pieces cut from the same board as the remaining aircraft parts. Things are moving along.

Lou

cliff strachan

You have a lot of fittings that are much different from the way that I'm
accustomed to doing it that I believe are certainly worth trying. So far so good. Very nice.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Thanks Cliff. This method compensates for my sloppy cutting.

Lou

lastvautour

Primer is being applied. It may be finished by month's end.

Lou

lastvautour

Just out of the paint shop. I will wait a few days to cure the gloss white paint.

Lou

lastvautour

The metallic paint has been applied over masking. However the red paint used for the wing tips was old and it wrinkled somewhat. I had to sand those areas down and them apply hand brushed silver to cover the areas. That is what you get for being cheap and trying to get that last drop out of the can.

Lou