• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Gloster Meteor Mk 7 in 1/144 Scale ......................(Completed 24 Mar 2012)

Started by lastvautour, January 05, 2012, 08:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Started this Meteor when Barry started his 1/32 Scale version. The MK 7 was loaned to RCAF 421 Squadron in 1950 to gain experience in the new post war European theatre. This Meteor will be painted to represent a 421 bird from that timeframe.

Lou  

Ken Pugh

Looking good.  The Meteor is one I can't wait to get to some day.

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

It certainly is looking good, Lou. I regret that I have not yet been able to post some old end of WWII 3views of the Meteor.
Cliff.

Balsabasher

The Meteor presents some interesting challenges Lou,a neat rendering to 1=144th.
Barry.

lastvautour

Some small progress has been made to the Meteor. The engine to wing fairings have been added and sanded. The tail group is glued and the main wing still needs a bit of fitting to properly position it before gluing.

Lou

lastvautour

The Airfix 1/72 is there to see how the undercarriage is assembled as my drawings do not show them.

Lou

buccfan

That looks great Lou, especially as its 1/144 scale, I know what a fiddly job that scale can be in plastic.   Regards Paul J.

Peter

Ok I know why your using the Airfix model but what is the Canadian Tire money for ???

Peter

lastvautour

Saving CT Money for a new band saw!!!! I have quite a way to go.

Lou

lastvautour

Here is the completed Meteor Mk 7 using CanMilAir decals.

Lou

Balsabasher

Congratulations Lou on a splendid little Meteor T.7.
Barry.

lastvautour