• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Piaggio P-136 Royal Gull............................(Completed 27 Dec 2011)

Started by lastvautour, October 27, 2011, 07:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The Piaggio P-136 came to my attention while reading a book from my late father in law's collection. It is about late 40's to mid 70 airways development in the Martime provinces of eastern Canada. Here are a few pictures that of my progress to date.

lastvautour

Fully assemble with the floats just tacked on for show. The first two coats of primer have been applied and putty used ti fill gaps and smooth things out. I still await word from Texas on my colour scheme.

Lou

Balsabasher

The Royal Gull is certainly a very pretty machine,the nearest that I have actually seen here in the UK was the Piaggio 166 pusher with its distinctive sound in the air.
The model looks great Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

So far I have written a letter to the current owner but have not had a reply. I did get an answer on colour scheme from the original photographer of CF-ILU. I also have an unanswered query to the Maritime Aviation Museum in Gander Newfoundland..
Latest effort are shown below.

Lou

lastvautour

Balsabasher

A most attractive model Lou,I notice that it has the early style DF Loop so it must have some very early radio equipment onboard.
Have you placed the plan in the archives as I am sure a few of us would also like to add a Royal Gull to our collections.
Barry.

lastvautour

I must redo them as they were lost in the PC crash. I do have a link to a publication on the Piaggio P136. I will search for it and post it.

Lou

lastvautour

Here is a link to Wings Palette. These are the same drawings I used however I had to cut and paste mine as I failed to find this site while searching.

Lou

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/h/2393/60/0

Publication
http://www.ebook3000.com/Piaggio-P-136--Monografie-Aeronautiche-Italiane-No35-_144167.html

lastvautour