• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Boeing P-26A Peashooter..................................(Completed 16 Nov 2011)

Started by lastvautour, September 21, 2011, 08:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Bench alert,I can see the wings of a Royal Gull in progress,I always scan your work area for clues of future projects Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

Good eyesight Barry. 1/72 scale and will carry the markings of an aircraft flown a local outfit. I guest I had better start a post on the Royal Gull.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals are drying, paint is being applied by brush using DecoArt acrylic. Decal lettering is Word Art while rounders are basic shapes coloured and grouped for printing. Squadron emblem was copied from the P-26 Profile Publication.  Photos soon.

Lou

lastvautour

Exhaust pipe are held in place using super glue as they are rubber wire coating. Some of the bend pipes have the wire still intact while others are just hollow.

Lou

lastvautour

New home for the Peashooter and comparison with the Dragonfly of the same scale.

Lou

cliff strachan

It sure is a great model, Lou. Prompts a lot of questions. But, given the scale and being able to compare it with your Dragonfly I didn't realize that it was so big.
Cliff

Balsabasher

The Peashooter looks great nestling there with the others Lou,please can we see some more larger pictures of it on its own ?
I love the way that you did the engine detail and the whole subject looks super.
Barry.

lastvautour

Here are the pictures of the completed Peashooter. I am quite delighted the way it turned out. One problem was the engine cooling cowl. I finally used heavy bond paper. Paint was hand brushed and over sprayed with clear gloss Krylon rattle can. The rigging is light monofilm fishing line attached with superglue. The sqn crest, roundels and U.S. ARMY are decals and the remainder is masked and hand painted. I tried spray but masking was giving me problems and touch up after attaching the rigging would have also been a pain.

Lou

Balsabasher

Yes Lou I agree it has turned out very well,the chrome yellow looks right and the green looks spot on to me,did you carve the pilot ? a tricky subject to make at the best of times,I salute you.
Barry.

lastvautour

The pilot is from a Revell kit. The yellow is straight from the bottle but the green was hand mixed to match photos.

Lou

lastvautour

Ken Pugh

Nice looking model of a well loved subject.  Way to go, Lou.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Thanks Ken. Everyone who posted a comment, your words are appreciated.

Lou

Peter

I'm late with a comment but well done,  Lou! This is my favourite of all your creations so far.

Peter