• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Boeing P-26A Peashooter..................................(Completed 16 Nov 2011)

Started by lastvautour, September 21, 2011, 08:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

New beginnings.
Start with an engine and work your way back to the tail.
Lou

Peter

Looks great Lou! Did you carve the pilot?

Peter

Balsabasher

I did that with my Comper Swift,made a detailed engine then built the aircraft around that,to me it gets the item that sets the subject off out of the way,the rest is plain sailing,well it works me for anyway ?
Barry. 

lastvautour

Airfix was the kind supplier of the 1/32 pilot figures. Next in line was the attachment of the wings to the fuselgae. I have several pictures that show the process. I used Kenji's method to create the cockpit area. Then the test fitting of all the components.

lastvautour

The undercarriage is tack glued in place for photo taking.

lou

Balsabasher

Thats a cheeky looking little model Lou,and the cockpit method has worked really well,great work.
Barry.

lastvautour

The engine cowling is on the bench. I will use my disc sander to render it closer to the desired dimensions and then finish it off by hand.

Lou

Balsabasher

This is one of those machines that although small there is a lot of it,the wheel spats,the engine is a model in itself and the beautiful shape of that fuselage all pulls together to make this classic beauty,you have tackled with confidence Lou.
Barry.

lastvautour

Paint shop getting primed and sanded.

Lou

Balsabasher

The background looks like when they landed on the moon Lou ! I bet that they did not find a Peashooter there ?
Barry.

lastvautour

I don't know, have you seen the new movie Apollo 18.

Lou

Ken Pugh

So, have you decided on blue or green?  I think both were very attractive planes.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Have not decided yet. I need to find some more chrome yellow as my stock is very low.

Lou

Ken Pugh

Former member Gera was a P-51 fighter pilot in Guatemala.  While there he said there were still some P-26s flying around in their air force (I think this was in the early 60s).  He said the P-26 was indeed beautiful but was a very loud little cuss.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Slow progress on the Peashooter.

Lou