• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Post War Era Republic Thunderjet.........................(Completed 30 Sep 2011)

Started by lastvautour, June 05, 2011, 03:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Major components just before final sanding.

Lou

lastvautour

First visit to the primer shop. I finish was attained using 80 grit paper. I will go down to 150/220 after a few more coats of primer.

Lou

lastvautour

Sanding sanding sanding. Oh yeah, the tip tanks are done - kind of!

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou those tip tanks really set the model off,great work as ever.
Barry.

lastvautour

First run at applying metallic finish to the Thunderjet. I will attempt to mask some areas and give those a different shade of metal.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Looks good Lou.  A classic subject from the solid model era.

Mark

lastvautour

Greasecup

I thought it interesting how you attached the wing . Next time if you could show more detailed pictures of this procedure . Thank you .
Danny

Balsabasher

My word Lou your Thunderjet looks good.
Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you Barry.

Danny, all my models have the same feature of notching the wings to the fuselage. I will be more explicit on my next project.

Lou

lastvautour

Canopy painted. Just one small step in many yet to come. However, it is showing progress. Other things are moving slowly as well, but not enough to post.

Lou

Balsabasher

Looks really good Lou,I know that you have put a lot of work into this subject.
Barry.

lastvautour

Decals are finally printed and drying at this time. I should be able to start placing them tonight. I found a simple scheme on line that suit me fine.

Lou

lastvautour

Another freshly completed project rolls out of the Vautour hangar. Construction is straight forward using clear pine, Model Master, Tamiya and Krylon rattle can paints. Decals are home made.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=6331
Upon selection of the markings I noticed that this was indentified as a P-84 on the fuselage side. This would not have lasted very long before being renamed the F-84. However I could find no photo of this scheme having F-84 painted in. Regardless, I enjoyed the Thunderjet construction.

Keep your blade sharp.
Lou

Balsabasher

And the colours right down to the red nose cone look brilliant,another vintage jet for the collection Lou.
Barry.